Rendering Studio 2011 comments visible in target file (MS Word)
Thread poster: Alexander C. Thomson

Alexander C. Thomson  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:08
Dutch to English
+ ...
May 10, 2013

Hello all,

Sorry if this has been asked before (I couldnʼt find that it had):

I can’t find where to adjust the option settings in Trados Studio 2011 to make my comments within the SDLXLIFF visible in the target file generated (MS Word, simple .doc format). I know this is possible because I have seen it happened — unintended — in the past, but now I need it!

Many thanks for any help,
Alex.

alessandra bocco  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Same for me May 10, 2013

I was looking exactly for this feature a few days ago and couldn't find it so I'm very interested too!!
Alessandra

Simon Cole  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:08
Member (2008)
French to English
Me too May 10, 2013

Like you, I have seen it happen and thought it was default behaviour, but I can't find a setting either. Studio Help didn't provide an answer.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Here one minute, gone the next May 10, 2013

I'm afraid you can't right now if you've got the most up to date version of Studio. This feature was introduced with SP2 and then taken away again (apparently to come back in a better way in the future).
By the way, it was available for .docx but not .doc.

It annoyed me so much that I re-installed a previous build to get the feature back again.

See more details in my blog post back in September (check out the comments, too):
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2012/09/19/sp2-updated-release/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rendering Studio 2011 comments visible in target file (MS Word)

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search