Thread poster: Akke Wagenaar

Akke Wagenaar  Identity Verified
Senegal
Local time: 21:32
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
+ ...
May 13, 2013

Help!!! Today I opened Trados Studio 2011. I got the error message: ServiceVersionNotCurrent.
I looked up http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4101 and filled out the form. When I hit the Submit button, I got an error message from Chrome. Now when I go back to the KB page, I just get an error page.

SDL, I paid for this software. I am working for a major German company translating their software, 62000 words. This week I have to do the last review coming back from the agency. In Trados.

I can't contact you. Suddenly there is a license problem. I can't work ---- WHAT IS THIS??? Why don't you have a normal support centre, like everybody else on the planet, where emails get answered and solutions and help are offered?

Please contact me.

Thank you.

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 00:32
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Log a support request May 13, 2013

Hello Akke,
Sorry to read about your troubles.
SDL offers free support for installation and licensing issues (the latter seems to be your case). If you don't have a support contract with them, I suggest that you log a support request through their Solution Finder at http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf#tab:SFTab:crumb:0
If you still get error message after submission, try to disable any popup blockers and/or a different browser (with the popup blocker disabled) and/or try again in a couple of hours in case there is a transient server issue on their side at the moment.

Hopefully they will respond quick enough.

[Edited at 2013-05-13 11:21 GMT]

Akke Wagenaar  Identity Verified
Senegal
Local time: 21:32
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The cause of the problem ... May 13, 2013

Hello Shai,

This is what I did and where things went wrong in the browser ... only error pages showed up.

However, I did do a System Restore to a point yesterday before 17 important Windows updates. And guess what? Trados Studio 2011 openen normally!

So I hope the people at SDL read this; no need to contact me anymore.

The cause was the Windows updates. I will install those 17 one by one, testing each time whether Trados still works. SDL please do something about this. Fix it please. It cost me 2 hours of productive time.

I stick to my opinion that SDL should have an email support. So I can just write an email. For instance from my smartphone.

Thanks,
Akke

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP !!! Error message: ServiceVersionNotCurrent

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search