Thread poster: monica.m

monica.m
Italy
Local time: 21:37
Member (2011)
German to Italian
+ ...
May 15, 2013

When I open a document with STUDIO 2011 under REPORT, Analysis etc. I can't see any item only N/a

What am I doing wrong, I can't get any statistics about my file.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you!
Monica

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 22:37
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Don't open a file, create a project May 15, 2013

Projects are the most appropriate way to handle files in SDL Studio. Just opening a file could lead to all sorts of issues down the road.
Part of the project creation process is the analysis of the file(s), after which you will have the statistics in the Reports section. If you just opened the file you need to analyze if first through Batch Tasks (right click the file in the Files section to bring up the right context menu in which you can access the various batch tasks).
However, I strongly recommend to work with projects and not with stand alone files in SDL studio.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Did you create a Project... May 15, 2013

... or just use Open Document? If the latter then the analysis and pre-translation has not been carried out.... it's just like opening a file in TagEditor so you can quickly get to the translation.

If it is the latter then press Ctrl+s to save the Project; this creates a single file project in the background and activates the batch tasks : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-1A

Next go to Project -> Batch Tasks and run the report you want. It will then appear in the Reports View.

Regards

Paul

monica.m
Italy
Member (2011)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! May 15, 2013

It works now...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: problem analysing files

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search