chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 08:24
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
May 16, 2013

Hello experts,

I have Trados Freelance 7.0 and Windows XP. I have received some .doc files for translation with TagEditor. As and when I try to open a file, TagEditor does not open it and produces this message:

(80005): This Microsoft Word document cannot be opened due to tracked changes that have not yet been accepted or rejected.

I have seen that there are no tracked changes in the file. Further, the Track Changes button is off. However, as an effort to open the file, I simply pressed "accept all changes in the document" and tried to re-open the file but in vain.

What is the reason behind and what should I do to solve this problem.

Thanks

Chopra

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:54
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Copy into new file May 16, 2013

Select all (cntr + A) and copy the content into a fresh file. Backup your original files first of course. Hope it helps.

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 08:24
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but... May 16, 2013

I have also tried it and it has not helped.

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Select all (cntr + A) and copy the content into a fresh file. Backup your original files first of course. Hope it helps.

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:54
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Sorry to hear that May 16, 2013

Next I would try to open the files in OpenOffice Writer and save again as Word doc in a new location or convert to rtf and back.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 80005 - TagEditor does not open the files due to tracked changes

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search