Studio 2011: QA Checker - can anyone help?
Thread poster: Apoc

Apoc
English to Romanian
May 16, 2013

Here's my problem: I'm working on a big project with Studio 2011 and now i'm told I was supposed to use QA Checker at the end of each file. How do i enable it? MUlti term is not installed, nor can i find it in my comp, when i update the TM's it shows the QA Checker as checked. Then I click on Verify files, it verifies them, and this is supposed to be part of it, no? And if it's a Plug-in I'm supposed to activate, when i click on Plug-ins, it shows me like 3 plug-ins enabled, then i click on the list of plug-ins, and most of them are greyed out. As you can guess, this was my first project with Trados 2011 and I am no comp whiz. Now my question, as stupid as it sounds, is what do i do?icon_smile.gif and how can i possibly get this qa checker working and also how can i do this whole check in batch? I hope someone understands my questions and thank you for your help! Always grateful!icon_smile.gif

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:56
English to French
+ ...
Project May 16, 2013

Hi,

Project -> Batch Tasks -> Verify Files -> Select all the files
QA Checker is a system plug-in.
You should also check the following link: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/239024-checking_for_inconsistent_segments_across_a_project.html

HTH,

Bernard

John Kennedy  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:56
Swedish to English
+ ...
QA checker May 16, 2013

As a Trados beginner I've had exactly the same problem. I still don't know how to get QA checker to work as I'm translating nor how to generate a QA log that I can send off with the translation but I have discovered that as long as I've checked the QA checker box (Project > Project Settings > Verification), carried out part of a translation (leaving some errors just to see whether it works), and then Tools > Verify (or F8), it then comes up with the error messages.

JohnKe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: QA Checker - can anyone help?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search