Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:29
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
May 17, 2013

Hi there. I hope someone might help.

I received a big file - SDL Trados 2009. My cat tool is SDL Trados 2011 Studio. I tried to open file and the message is "File not supported". Actuallly I've never did that before. I have just worked with Trados 2011. Does anyone know what I have to do in order to open 2009 Trados file on 2011 Trados?
Do I have to change file type? I have checked "Tools" for suggestions but I couldn't find anything.

Many thanks.

Pa
... See more
Hi there. I hope someone might help.

I received a big file - SDL Trados 2009. My cat tool is SDL Trados 2011 Studio. I tried to open file and the message is "File not supported". Actuallly I've never did that before. I have just worked with Trados 2011. Does anyone know what I have to do in order to open 2009 Trados file on 2011 Trados?
Do I have to change file type? I have checked "Tools" for suggestions but I couldn't find anything.

Many thanks.

Paulinho fonseca
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:29
English
Strictly speaking... May 17, 2013

... sdlppx is a package and not a file. Did you try opening package rather than opening document or trying to create a project with it?

Regards

Paul

Paulinho Fonseca
Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:29
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Strictly replying... May 17, 2013

Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for your support. That was efficient and clear.

Kind regards.

Paulinho Fonseca

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL PPX

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »