https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/249229-urgent_code_w_14_is_not_defined.html

URGENT code 'w 14' is not defined
Thread poster: Ognjenka Maric
Ognjenka Maric
Ognjenka Maric  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:17
Spanish to Bosnian
+ ...
May 17, 2013

The program does not allow to export the translated document, this is the error that appears "code 'w 14' is not defined. It appears as two errors.

Further error description states in the first case:
Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Adapter.Fraework1.Writer
and the second is "generar traducciones de destino" which refers to the exporting of the translated file.

I would appreciate any feedback on this as soon as possible as I am on a deadline and I have a finis
... See more
The program does not allow to export the translated document, this is the error that appears "code 'w 14' is not defined. It appears as two errors.

Further error description states in the first case:
Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Adapter.Fraework1.Writer
and the second is "generar traducciones de destino" which refers to the exporting of the translated file.

I would appreciate any feedback on this as soon as possible as I am on a deadline and I have a finished document which I cannot convert into word file.

Thank you in advance!
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
You didn't state the version of Studio... May 18, 2013

... but generally this error is because the word file may have been prepared with a MAC, or a Beta version of Office 2013... or you have an old version of Studio and the file is simply Office 2010?

More information on what you have is helpful, but generally if you try resaving the source file using a Microsoft Office version that is compatible with the version of Studio you have and then reprocess the file you should be fine.

It's useful to check you can open a file and
... See more
... but generally this error is because the word file may have been prepared with a MAC, or a Beta version of Office 2013... or you have an old version of Studio and the file is simply Office 2010?

More information on what you have is helpful, but generally if you try resaving the source file using a Microsoft Office version that is compatible with the version of Studio you have and then reprocess the file you should be fine.

It's useful to check you can open a file and save the target before you start. If you use Open Document and are only handling one file time at a time this is simple, and if you are using projects then use the generate target translations batch task and make sure they all round trip before starting work.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Ognjenka Maric
Spain
Spanish to Bosnian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! It is Trados studio 2009 May 18, 2013

It makes sense, as it is a .docx file and I work with an older .doc version of word. But I was able to open the original file because I have the Microsoft program that allows me to open docx files. Also, there were two files, a shorter one that I was able to export.

Ognjenka Maric
Spain
Spanish to Bosnian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved - track changes on May 18, 2013

I believe that this was the problem, I only don't understand how did the Trados manage to convert it into an .sdlxliff file in the first place. When I changed it into .doc, and tried the process again, the warning that the track changes is on appeared on the screen immediately as I was trying to open it with Trados. Now it works.

Thanks anyway!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT code 'w 14' is not defined

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »