https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/249425-using_sdl_studio_2011_and_sdl_teamworks_2011.html

Using SDL Studio 2011 and SDL TeamWorks 2011
Thread poster: shribar
shribar
shribar
English to Slovenian
+ ...
May 21, 2013

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone is using the above tools and if so, is it possible to manage Studio packages in TeamWorks?

Kind regards,

Sebastjan

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:37
English
TeamWorks and Studio May 22, 2013

Hi Sebastjan,

SDL TeamWorks is a server based Translation Management System that can create packages for work. These packages can be opened in SDL Trados 2007 or SDL Trados Studio.

Going the other way is odd and certainly TeamWorks does not support this. What you could do, although the results are not very easy to work with, is create an ini file for an SDLXLIFF and then send these to TeamWorks (so the SDLXLIFF files rather than the Studio packages). But of course if
... See more
Hi Sebastjan,

SDL TeamWorks is a server based Translation Management System that can create packages for work. These packages can be opened in SDL Trados 2007 or SDL Trados Studio.

Going the other way is odd and certainly TeamWorks does not support this. What you could do, although the results are not very easy to work with, is create an ini file for an SDLXLIFF and then send these to TeamWorks (so the SDLXLIFF files rather than the Studio packages). But of course if you do this the results would be much harder to work with and I think you would be adding an unnecessary step to your workflow.

If you really want to put files prepared in Studio into the TeamWorks workflow then you might be better off converting them to TTX first using the SDLXLIFF to Legacy Converter as TeamWorks can handle the TTX much better of course.

Why do you want to do this? This may help to get a more useful answer.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

shribar
shribar
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TeamWorks and Studio May 22, 2013

Hi Paul,

thank you for your reply. Here is some more info:

I like the management functionalities (mostly this refers to job chains and notifications) of TeamWorks so I'm looking for a way to combine the two tools. I guess I did get it the wrong way around and I should do as you suggest and try to create packages in TeamWorks to have them open in Studio. I hope this would ensure similar level of automation as using just TeamWorks with Trados 2007.

Kind regar
... See more
Hi Paul,

thank you for your reply. Here is some more info:

I like the management functionalities (mostly this refers to job chains and notifications) of TeamWorks so I'm looking for a way to combine the two tools. I guess I did get it the wrong way around and I should do as you suggest and try to create packages in TeamWorks to have them open in Studio. I hope this would ensure similar level of automation as using just TeamWorks with Trados 2007.

Kind regards,

Sebastjan
Collapse

Els Eerdekens
Els Eerdekens
Belgium
French to Dutch
SDL TeamWorks 2011 Jul 26, 2013

Dear Paul,

Where can I find more information about SDL TeamWorks 2011?

Kind regards,

Els Eerdekens

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:37
English
Do you have specific questions... Jul 31, 2013

... or are you just interested?

The reason I ask is because TeamWorks is no longer a product we sell as it's based around the old Trados technology. If you are interested in a project management system like this then SDL GroupShare or SDL WorldServer are the products we continue to develop. You can find information on these here:
... See more
... or are you just interested?

The reason I ask is because TeamWorks is no longer a product we sell as it's based around the old Trados technology. If you are interested in a project management system like this then SDL GroupShare or SDL WorldServer are the products we continue to develop. You can find information on these here:

http://www.sdl.com/products/sdl-studio-groupshare/

http://www.sdl.com/products/sdl-worldserver/

If you have specific question because you have been asked to work with a teamWorks solution then we can try to help answer them here?

Regards

Paul
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using SDL Studio 2011 and SDL TeamWorks 2011

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »