Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 20:27
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 22, 2013

Hello, dear colleagues.

I have been using SDL Trados 2011 since January and I have used the typical termbase called "Sample". It was a 3MB file and now a 8MB file including several files.

I think it's already time to use a specific termbase for each field, otherwise I'll have a bigger file with terms from orangutan reproduction to automotive parts to be used in a marketing text. How could I create a new termbase? There are no options in the "Select termbse" window. I just see the folloqing buttons in the right:
- Servers
- Session
- Browse

Thank you!

[Modifié le 2013-05-22 19:26 GMT]

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
The time for opening MultiTerm has cometh... May 22, 2013

You have to create your termbases using this dreaded programicon_evil.gif, and then possibly fill them out with your legacy termbases, glossaries, etc.

Saludos

[Edited at 2013-05-22 21:22 GMT]

J Fox  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 14:27
German to English
+ ...
Some instructions on how to use MultiTerm May 22, 2013

You'll need to use MultiTerm to create a new termbase. Here's an intro to the topic with links to instructions on how to do various things:

http://foxdocs.biz/BetweenTranslations/why-bother-learning-to-use-multiterm/

If you wanted to you could also export your current termbase to Excel, sort it into categories, put these in separate files and convert each one into a new termbase. Have a look at the instructions to do this using the Glossary Converter and/or creating new termbases in MultiTerm.

There's quite a lot to work through, so just take it one step at a time.icon_smile.gif

Hope this helps,
Jayne

Mexico
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanx May 22, 2013

Thank you, Jayne. I follow you now via Twitter and FB.

Well, as I don't see the icon, I suppose it is a module I have to buy. Certainly, it will be useful in my projects.

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
This free application will help you to touch MultiTerm the least possible May 23, 2013

Glossary Converter, downloadable from OpenExchange, would allow you to create your Termbases in Excel and then convert them to MultiTerm.

http://www.translationzone.com/en/openexchange/AppDetails.aspx?appid=386#tab3

Saludos

Mexico
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Marvelous! May 23, 2013

Jorge, first of all thank you for your help.

I installed your drag-and-drop application. It creates automatically the termbase icon_smile.gif

[Modifié le 2013-05-23 23:48 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New independent termbase

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search