Trados 2011: uncleaned files for Trados 2007
Thread poster: PatriziaM.

PatriziaM.  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:10
English to Italian
+ ...
May 23, 2013

I have Trados 2011, but my client has Trados 2007 and want to receive uncleaned files.
I've created a Sdlxliff file from a .doc file.
Sdlxliff files are bilingual (= uncleaned files), but Trados 2007 is able to open a Sdlxliff file?
If no, please let me know what should I do (using my Trados 2011) to create a bilingual/uncleaned file that Trados 2007 can read.

Thanks!
Pat

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:10
French to English
+ ...
Save target as ttx May 23, 2013

Hi Pat,

I use Studio 2009, but I assume the procedure is similar. You need to ask your client to send you the ttx file in the first instance, along with the original Word file. They should be able to create that in Trados 2007. You then open that rather than the Word file and it creates an xliff file as usual. When it comes to saving it, if you click on Save target as, it should give you the option of saving as ttx file and/or as the original document. If you save it back to the original ttx, you will be able to send that back to your client for processing in Trados 2007. That's what I usually do for one of my direct clients who prefers to use 2007 anyway. I don't think you can create a ttx file if you haven't started with one though. If you've already created the xliff file, all the segments should be in your TM anyway, so it should (in theory - and tags permitting!) be a relatively simple task to just run it through the memory again.

Claire

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
SDL TTX It May 23, 2013

Hi Patrizia,

You've got 2 options with 2011, either you TTX your Word file available under the OpenExchange folder (SDL Start) and create a project and when done export as Trados TagEditor

or

Download SDLXLIFF to Legacy Converter and convert your SDLXLIFF file to ttx.

HTH,

Bernard

PatriziaM.  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDLXLIFF to Legacy Converter has been the right solution for me May 24, 2013

Hi Bernard,

Thank you a lot for your reply!

SDLXLIFF to Legacy Converter has done the conversion to ttx without problems!

Before of that, I've used the utility TTX, but it has returned an error message because I hadn't selected any filter for the conversion. But actually it is not clear to me how to create a filter for the conversion, therefore I've tried to use SDLXLIFF to Legacy Converter.

Thanks again!
Pat

Bernard Lieber wrote:

Hi Patrizia,

You've got 2 options with 2011, either you TTX your Word file available under the OpenExchange folder (SDL Start) and create a project and when done export as Trados TagEditor

or

Download SDLXLIFF to Legacy Converter and convert your SDLXLIFF file to ttx.

HTH,

Bernard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011: uncleaned files for Trados 2007

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search