How to distinguish 100% repetitions from fuzzy matches
Thread poster: jannah29

jannah29
Local time: 09:54
English to Arabic
+ ...
May 24, 2013

Dears,

I have a project where I got around 15000 words as cross repetitions in Trados Studio 2011, my resource would like to know the original file from which segments get repeated in other files meaning to know where is the source segment where he's gonna proofread so as not to review all segments while most of them are repeated.
The main target is to skip these segments totally while proofreading.

Can any one help with that?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Maybe... May 25, 2013

... if you prepare the project using the export for Frequently Occurring Units (FOU) and then translate these first then you can review this file before anything else. Once it's reviewed you update your TM with the contents of the FOU file then pre-translate the whole project and these will now provide 100% matches instead of fuzzies.

These would have been the repetitions and now you won't have any so the reviewer can check all fuzzies.

Regards

Paul

jannah29
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks and new query May 28, 2013

Thanks for your reply. It really helped.

I have another question in that matter as well; we are done with the repetitions; as far i know; this will be added to the 100% match and may be other fuzzy matches as well. Is there any way to distinguish those proofread strings from the originally strings; meaning can we for example color the proofread strings so as not to revise them again with the content of other files or by any other way?

Thanks in advance.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to distinguish 100% repetitions from fuzzy matches

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search