Why the translation zone contain information that do not need to be translated?
Thread poster: shirleysunny

shirleysunny
China
Local time: 20:01
Chinese to English
+ ...
May 25, 2013

Hello, everyone

The problem I have with idml is that after I inport idml file, the translation zone contain a lot of information which do not need to be translated.
The source file is in English. I have viewed it in pdf. But the information in the translation zone contain some words in language other than English.
Can anyone tell me how to filter these information so that I can translate the English content?
Many thanks!

Shirley

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:01
English
The easiest way... May 25, 2013

... is to just lock the segments as you work through them. So just press Ctrl+L. This way you won't risk putting TUs into your TM you don't want and at the end of the work you can filter out the locked segments to review more conveniently. You could even go through the document first locking them and then filter them out before you start translating.

When you save the target file the original text will inserted into these locked segments.

Regards

Paul

shirleysunny
China
Local time: 20:01
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. It works. May 29, 2013

Thank you Paul for your quick reply. It works. But considering the number of segments which should be filtered is 5000, the process is rather slow...I guess I have to be patient.
SDL Support wrote:

... is to just lock the segments as you work through them. So just press Ctrl+L. This way you won't risk putting TUs into your TM you don't want and at the end of the work you can filter out the locked segments to review more conveniently. You could even go through the document first locking them and then filter them out before you start translating.

When you save the target file the original text will inserted into these locked segments.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why the translation zone contain information that do not need to be translated?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search