Thread poster: Bernd Moos (X)
Bernd Moos (X)
Bernd Moos (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:34
English to German
May 25, 2013

Help!
I have encountered the following problem in Trados Studio 2011: After loading termbank (mdb) files into Trados (like numerous times before), I ´m getting no terms displayed in my term bank search and view now (just as if the termbank wasn´t loaded but which it is and which is indicated in options/language pairs/termbanks). Anyone´s got a clue ? (PS: I´ve also re-installed Trados but to no avail)
Thanks in advance.

[Bearbeitet am 2013-05-25 13:02 GMT]

[Bearbeit
... See more
Help!
I have encountered the following problem in Trados Studio 2011: After loading termbank (mdb) files into Trados (like numerous times before), I ´m getting no terms displayed in my term bank search and view now (just as if the termbank wasn´t loaded but which it is and which is indicated in options/language pairs/termbanks). Anyone´s got a clue ? (PS: I´ve also re-installed Trados but to no avail)
Thanks in advance.

[Bearbeitet am 2013-05-25 13:02 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2013-05-25 22:00 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2013-05-25 22:00 GMT]
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Cannot Reproduce May 25, 2013

Hi,

I've just tried to reproduce your issue but can't. I've got 3 termbases loaded (i.e., 2 standard sdltb termbases and 1 multilingual mdb), the 3 of them show up in the Term Recognition window.

Does the term show up if you switch to the Term Search tab and search for it?

Have you checked your Java Settings -> Java Control Panel -> Security, make sure it's set to Medium.

HTH,

Bernard

Bernd Moos (X)
Bernd Moos (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Progress report: May 26, 2013

I fiddled around with the settings and found out that the crux seems to be the sdlppx package file (which I´m sent by the customer). When I load a previous package file everything works fine, incl. the termbank access. I guess I`ll have to check on that next. Thanx for your suggestions.

[Bearbeitet am 2013-05-26 09:55 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2013-05-26 09:56 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 Termbank problem

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »