https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/249752-multiterm_extract_2011_error_1801_sdl_trados_is_not_installed.html

Multiterm Extract 2011, Error 1801 (SDL Trados is not installed...)
Thread poster: Irina Mestergazi
Irina Mestergazi
Irina Mestergazi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:35
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
May 25, 2013

Hi,
I'm trying to extract terms from a TMX file. After I click "Project>Process" a message pops up:
"Error 1801. SDL Trados is not installed. This is necessary for reading TMW files."
The problem is that SDL Trados IS installed and runs perfectly...
Can anybody help please?

Yael Ramon
Yael Ramon  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 08:35
German to Hebrew
+ ...
try installing multiterm again but without SP2 May 25, 2013

it happened to me several times, until i shut down the SP2 and refused to allow it to self install.
another possibility is to go directly from the Studio and not from the Multiterm: when you enter project settings, choose "add translation memory" -> "file based" and then go to the TMX (make sure that file type -on the right side of the file name, is set on "TMX file"). that should definitely do the job.

[Edited at 2013-05-25 19:12 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm Extract 2011, Error 1801 (SDL Trados is not installed...)

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »