Thread poster: Xavier Omilanowski

Xavier Omilanowski  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 12:55
Member (2010)
English to French
May 29, 2013

Hello,

I just received a package to open with SDL Trados 2009 SP3, but when I tried to do so, I got the message "xxx file can't be opened because it contains languages that are not configured for this installation."

I work from English to French. I have checked in the Options menu and I had English (US) > French (France) selected. Just in case, I have added English (US) > French (Canada), but it didn't help. Unfortunately, I cannot contact my client today due to time difference and this translation is urgent. Can anyone help me? Any idea if there is any way of checking what languages are contained into this Package?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Xavier Omilanowski

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:55
English
You can... May 29, 2013

... add a .zip extension to the end of the package name and then unzip it using windows to see what's in there. Or use the Package reader from the OpenExchange that allows you to right-click a package and see all the files, TMs, termbases and Reports that are in there... you can quickly review the content of the files for translation with this tool as well: http://goo.gl/N4sux

Regards

Paul

Xavier Omilanowski  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 12:55
Member (2010)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot May 29, 2013

Thank you Paul, by just adding the .zip extension, I could see that I also had italian in my Package, which is not partof my configuration. A shame it cannot just open and ignore the additional language...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to open a Package in Trados 2009 - languages not configured

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search