Thread poster: Tuncay Kurt

Tuncay Kurt  Identity Verified
Turkey
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
May 29, 2013

Hello All,

I have a huge TM (289 MB), when I try to export or re-organize I get this error:

(5552) Inconsistent data. Please reorganize the database or run and export/import.

The problem started a while a go when I was (I think) trying to add another TM (exported) into my main TM. I had some problems while doing this and I had to restart my computer. So, when I tried to do it again the problems started.

Now, when I search some specific terms or sentences I get the same error and TM stops working, if I want to do something else after this error it says "previous request not completed". I need to restart Trados but I get the same error always on the same sentence or term.

I tried to export-import but it stops exporting at an exact point every time and when I want to reorganize it I get the same error again.

I had a look at the past topics about this but all link to SDL support page does not exist now.

Since it is huge (8 years of work) I do not want to loose this TM. So, what can I do to save this TM?

Info:

Trados 2007
Windows 7 (on mcbook air bootcamp)
No problem with other TMs
Not related with any particular file

Thank you.

Tuncay.

(PS: My back up TM is the same one: without noticing this problem I have replaced the old one with this corrupted one already).

[Edited at 2013-05-29 18:38 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:11
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
What version of Trados? May 29, 2013

What OS ?
Any other details that might help.

Recep Kurt  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 20:11
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Try this May 29, 2013

Hello Tuncay,

There appears to be an interesting solution involving setting back the "CHANGE and/or CREATE date for the export":

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/message/43889

To save your TM do the following:
>
>Set a date filter for the CHANGE and/or CREATE date for the export.
>
>1. Start with a date like 4 weeks in the past and try to export everything
>before that date. Worked? Great, you now have the majority of the stuff
>out.
>
>2. In case 1 above didn't work, try a different date, i.e. a year back.
>Try to export the part before that date. Worked? OK, you now know the
>offending part is in the second half of the TM. This way you can export
>most of the contents without having to find the offending segment.
>
>Alternatively: I think if you go into maintenance without a filter, enter
>"99" in the number of segments box and then click "Next" 1800 / 99 = 18
>times, you should be one screen before the list containing the offending
>segment. Click "Next" again and delete entry 1799 to 1801 (to be on the
>safe side) and try to run reorganize or export again. I think that worked
>for me in the past.

[Edited at 2013-05-29 21:39 GMT]

Turkey
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still no good May 30, 2013

Recep, thank you.

I have tried to export the TM with various time points (even with 2-3 years back) but after some point while exporting I get "50050 source segment is empty".
I have tried to export even only one user's entries but still getting the same error.

As often, Trados is a blessing and a curse!

Richard Foulkes  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:11
German to English
+ ...
Just an idea... May 30, 2013

Hi Tuncay,

I had a similar problem with a 2007 TM a while ago and I think the problem was corrupt segments. When I exported the TM to a .txt file and scrolled right through it (this obviously takes hours with a big TM), I came across a number of huge segments full of strange characters that were obviously not right.

Once I deleted all of these segments from the .txt and imported this to a new TM, I found it worked fine.

Not sure if this will apply in your case but it's just another idea. Good luck with restoring your TM!

Turkey
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
cannot export May 30, 2013

Richard Foulkes wrote:

Hi Tuncay,

I had a similar problem with a 2007 TM a while ago and I think the problem was corrupt segments. When I exported the TM to a .txt file and scrolled right through it (this obviously takes hours with a big TM), I came across a number of huge segments full of strange characters that were obviously not right.

Once I deleted all of these segments from the .txt and imported this to a new TM, I found it worked fine.

Not sure if this will apply in your case but it's just another idea. Good luck with restoring your TM!

Thank you Richard,

Sadly I cannot even export this TM (not even partly), it is really huge but I would try your suggestion if I only could export this TM. It would take maybe more than one day to detect problematic segments and remove them but I could not even get that step yet.

milank
Local time: 18:11
English to Czech
+ ...
I think I solved it.. Aug 16, 2013

Problem with inconsistency in corrupted SDL Trados TMW files gets fixed, read my blog post with further information here: http://blog.mikar.net/home/fixingcorruptedtmwfilesinsdltrados

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM Corrupted, What to Do?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search