Thread poster: dnitzpon
dnitzpon
Germany
Local time: 19:15
Dutch to German
+ ...
May 30, 2013

Hi!

The concordance window in my Studio 2011 suddenly does not react properly to resizing anymore.
I can still resize the window itself, drag it to float, put it in other places etc. but it's content (the area used for displaying source and target) does not vary in width anymore. So either the contents reach over the window border on the small screen or there rests an unused white area in the windoe on the big screen...
Is this a known problem? Is there a solution?

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy OConnor
Member (2009)
German to English
Try resetting the window layout May 30, 2013

Hi,

I've just tried to obtain the effect you describe, but can't generate it. You could try resetting the window layout (Main menu at the top: View -> Reset window layout).

Maybe that will work.

Roy

dnitzpon
Germany
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't have any effect May 30, 2013

Hi Roy!

Thanks for the tip! It sounded like a good idea, but unfortunately it does not have any effect.

dnitzpon
Germany
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Replication May 30, 2013

P.S.: Unfortunaltely I cannot tell you how to reproduce the effect, because I dn't have any idea what caused it. It might be related to connecting and disconnecting an external display which automatically changes the resolution, but I am not sure of this.

Roy OConnor
Member (2009)
German to English
Other applications May 30, 2013

If your other applications all work ok, then I think it unlikely that Studio 11 would be affected by your external display.

Either it is the result of some unusual settings combination that has been involuntarily set or your Studio 11 installation is faulty. It's difficult to comment further without seeing the screen. If you have text that actually crosses the frame boundaries, then I would say that your Studio installation is definitely not working correctly.

[Edited at 2013-05-30 12:50 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
2 ideas May 30, 2013

A couple more ideas to add to Roy's first suggestion:

- Have you closed the concordance window completely and reopened it? (Go to View and click the window name)
- Have you closed Studio and reopened it? A bit obvious, but worth mentioning.

Your second monitor may well have something to do with it because extra windows in Studio do get left behind on unplugged monitors. As you say, different resolutions could have an impact on resizing the concordance window.

More ideas in my blog post here: http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2012/12/06/more-display/

HTH,
Emma

Lucienne Parsons
Local time: 18:15
English to French
+ ...
The concordance window appears and disappears and is of variable size Jun 1, 2013

I have tried all the suggestions on this page, and unfortunately, I am still plagued with the top of the Editor page English/French being intermittently hidden under the Concordance box. I have tried to click on "Concordance", but it continues. Please help. I am encountering many other problems in Studio 2011, but they will keep for later... Lucienne

dnitzpon
Germany
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How exactly.. Jun 5, 2013

Hi Lucienne!

I'm not sure if I understand what you meant by "intermittendly hidden". It took me some time to understand the window and tab layout in studio at the beginning and I might imagine that you are talking about the same problem.
Each of the windows has/can have various tabs that get activated when used (i.e. when doing a concordance search). You can drag these tabs out of the window to make it a window of it's own or drag a window in to make it a tab. In addition to this the windows have the option to automatically show/hide when used (you can change this via the pin symbol on the top right of each window).

Hope that helps and I did not misunderstand your problem completely.

As to the original post/problem there is still no solution. All resetting, resizing, closing/opening, detaching etc. without effect so far...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 11 concordance window invariable in size

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search