Trados 7 with Word 2010
Thread poster: mpaoloni
May 31, 2013

Hi, there
I've just installed Word 2010 in my computer, which runs on Vista and I simply cannot find the Trados toolbar in Word documents.
I read I should "load" the Trados8.dotm template, but the problem is I can't find it anywhere....I've even made hidden files visible, but it just won't appear. Can you please help me??? I have to do some urgent work and need Trados!!! many thanks!
María Laura

FredP
Local time: 03:31
German to French
+ ...
Some info May 31, 2013

Hi, I just copye&paste this useful description that I have in a Word document. I found it some time ago on Proz (where?) and it saved me several times..

Bye,
Fred.

----------------------------------------
trados problem, not word 15 Dec 2009

Hi,

This worked for me when installing Trados doesn't provide the Trados bar in Word:
1) Close Word and Trados.

2) Go to Trados template directory (mine is like this)
C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2007\TT\Templates

3) copy trados template for windows (in my case: trados8.dot)
to your Word startup directory:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP

Since you have worked with Trados and the bar suddenly disappeared, there could be another problem. If the above doesn't work, then I hope others can help.

Best,

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:31
English
Perhaps take a look... May 31, 2013

... at the sticky at the top of this forum : http://goo.gl/LLBXu

There are lots of links on how to resolve word toolbar issues here.

Regards

Paul

mpaoloni
TOPIC STARTER
Error 33353 May 31, 2013

Many thanks for your help, but unfortunately, it still doesn't work.

I managed to have the Trados toolbar in my Word document (through Trust Center Settings, I chose in Access Path: User/Name/Appl data/Roming/Microsoft/Templates and somehow the Add-ins tab appears in Word.

However, Trados won't work. I tried many of the suggestions in this forum, but Error 33353 (end of parragraph not found) keeps on appearing.

I've tried with different documents, copying and pasting, etc, etc, but...It doesn't work!
Any suggestions?
Many thanks,
ML

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 with Word 2010

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search