Export interim target files?
Thread poster: Marketing-Lang.
Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:20
English to German
+ ...
Jun 3, 2013

So a client of mine urgently needs an export of a large project, even though I'm not finished with the proofreading. I don't want this junk in my TM. I can't just press -F12 because I'm working with hundreds of merged XML files - every single file requires confirmation before it is saved. So this is not an option...
So I tried "Save Target Files", which at least produced the (rotten) goods.
But now (a) my merged file has disappeared from the Files view and (b) the only options left in the context menu for this project are "Export files" and "Copy to target languages".
Two questions:
- How can I continue to work on this project - without having to open each XML file individually! and
- How do I complete this project, i.e. proofreading, export and update main memories?

I hope I've expressed myself clearly. Studios options in my situation seem to be anything other than clear! I tried Googling for "export interim version" and "export preliminary...", but nothing came up
-M-

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
re-convert option Jun 3, 2013

Marketing-Lang. wrote:

- How can I continue to work on this project - without having to open each XML file individually!

Go to your long list of files in the target language Files window, right click one of the files and the last option is "revert to sdlxliff".

- How do I complete this project, i.e. proofreading, export and update main memories?

Not sure what you mean. Can't you go on now that you know how to re-open the merged sdlxliff file?

(Edited to change re-convert to revert.)

[Edited at 2013-06-03 18:35 GMT]

Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 4, 2013

Emma, fantastic - that's great. Learned something new again
Yes, the second question was redundant - I think my nerves were a little frayed, at the time.
-M-

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export interim target files?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search