XML file in Trados Studio 2011: Sentences split
Thread poster: jarwis

jarwis

Local time: 03:25
English to Finnish
Jun 6, 2013

Background: I've been using SDLX since version 3.1.2 was released in the year 2000 so I'm not a noobie when it comes to CAT tools, but I'm a noobie when it comes to XML and Trados Studio 2011.

Problem: I have a XML file which looks like this in Google Chrome.

2pyrdjd.jpg

In SDL Trados Studio 2011 Professional some of the sentences are split.

4jan80.png

Question: Why are some sentences split like this and more importantly how to fix it?

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:25
English to French
+ ...
Delimiter Jun 6, 2013

Hi,

There must be some sort of delimiter in your text, I would edit the file in Notepad++ and check why sentences are split. You could also try the following, right-click on your TM -> Settings -> Language Resources -> Segmentation rules, get rid of the period rule and/or add whatever is causing the sentence to be split (could be length, etc.).

You may have to reimport your file for it to work properly.

HTH,

Bernard

Delimiter-Any solution Please Dec 9, 2015

How to fix sentence split in SDL Trados 2014. I want Paragraph wise splitting option. How to do it?.

Please expecting solutions.

[Edited at 2015-12-09 10:08 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XML file in Trados Studio 2011: Sentences split

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search