https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/250475-buying_sdl_trados_for_the_first_time.html

Buying SDL Trados for the first time
Thread poster: Anna Lada Hill
Anna Lada Hill
Anna Lada Hill
United States
Local time: 10:24
English to Russian
+ ...
Jun 6, 2013

Would you please advice which SDL Trados package is the best investment for a new translator?
Should I start with basic or go for 2011 Gold Edition?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:24
English to French
+ ...
Trial Versions Jun 6, 2013

Hi,

Before investing in any CAT tool, I would download a few trial versions and test them first to see what suits your needs best (workflow, interface, plug-ins, etc.). CAT hopping is quite easy if you convert your translation memories to tmx.

HTH,

Bernard

asia20002
asia20002  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:24
English to Polish
+ ...
software package Jun 6, 2013

I would buy a package containing SDL Trados 2007, which is still very popular, Studio 2011 and SDLX.

Anna Lada Hill
Anna Lada Hill
United States
Local time: 10:24
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 6, 2013

Thank you for your input. I will work with trial versions. I also found a lot of forum discussions and helpful links on ProZ.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Buying SDL Trados for the first time

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »