Studio 2011 TM not updated due to Tag order changed.
Thread poster: vinod sharma

vinod sharma  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 15:11
Member (2011)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jun 10, 2013

Hi Everybody,
I have been facing this problem for last three days. My project TMs are not being populated/updated.
The error message shows 'warnings' to be the cause of this failure to update. The warning is usually
about change of tag order. Since structure of sentence in my language 'Hindi' is altogether different
from that of English, at times tags are to be shifted, sometimes reversed also.

Can anyone let me know how to populate or update my project TM after completing translation?

Thanks in advance.

Vinod Sharma

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:41
English
Go through all the messages... Jun 11, 2013

.... and maybe filter out the information from the error messages. Change of tag order alone will not prevent this as this is indeed a normal occurrence, but perhaps you have something else in there that is not allowing you to run this task.

If all else fails there are two things to keep in mind.

1. If you are doing the translation yourself then you probably updated the segments as you worked anyway, and
  2. You can always import the sdlxliff into your TM and circumvent the batch update task

However, if you get this error now it will probably also prevent you from creating the target file so you need to find out what the problem is exactly.

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 TM not updated due to Tag order changed.

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search