Thread poster: Ben Harrison

Ben Harrison  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:22
Member (2013)
German to English
Jun 10, 2013

Greetings,

I'm just starting out in the business and bought the starter version of Trados 2011 and downloaded it onto my laptop, though have yet to activate it. I was thinking of buying a desktop PC shortly though and using that as my main work computer - if I activate Trados on my laptop first would I be able to transfer it to my PC, or would I need to buy a whole new package?

Many thanks for any advice!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:22
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
SDL Trados Studio 2011 Starter version. Jun 10, 2013

Hi Ben,

As with all versions of our software, you are free to move/transfer this to a new PC as and when needed. Simply deactivate the software- reinstall on the new PC and reactivate using the same activation code.

Here is an interesting link which also explains the differences between the Starter version and the full freelance version.

http://www.translationzone.com/en/translator-products/sdl-trados-studio/#tab2

Kind regards

Steve

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

One Trados programme on more than one computer

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search