Mjay  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:06
English to Japanese
Jun 11, 2013

Environment:
WinXP v2002 SP3(English)
TRADOS Studio 2011 SP2R
FrameMaker v10 (English) (.mif file as source)
Language English > Japanese

I am having trouble saving/updating multiple translation unit on TRADOS Studio 2011.
Normally, I can save a new translation with different tags using "Add as New Translation" option to create multiple tranlstion. However, with the following particular case involving two sets of opening and closing tags, Trados wouldn't allow me to add as new. Can you help?

Source segment:
    "For more information on A and B, see the [cf stylename="Hyperlink"][Tag ID23701]Help document[Tag ID23702][/cf]."

Existing translation in Japanese stored in the TM:
    Source: "For more information on A and B, see the [Tag ID23701]Help document[Tag ID23702]."

Target: "Japaense translation blablabla [Tag ID23701]Help document[Tag ID23702]。"

When I try to add the following translation with the correct set of tags using "Add as New Translation" option, it is disabled (Shift+Ctrl and U shortcut does not work, either):
    "Japanese translation blablabla [cf stylename="Hyperlink"][Tag ID23701]Help document[Tag ID23702][/cf]。"

I wonder if Trados cannot recognise multiple tags properly when they are stuck together like the above segment.... Or, is there some user setting that I am not aware of?

Thanks,
MJ

PS  Please note that I had to use square brackets instead of angled brackets to indicate tags in the above examples.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS Studio 2011 "Add as New Translation" option question

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search