How do I get SDL Trados Studio 2011 to work with the offline version of Google Translate?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jun 12, 2013

How do I get SDL Trados Studio 2011 to work with the offline version of Google Translate?

A few of my clients don't approve that I use Google Translate for their projects only because the original document gets publicly available.

But I found an offline version of Google Translate, just am not sure SDL Trados Studio will be able to communicate with this version.

Here is more information about using Google Translate offline:

http://allmyapps.com/apps/google-translate-translation-services
http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57576627-285/use-google-translate-offline-by-downloading-language-packs/

Direct link Reply with quote

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:31
German to Spanish
Hmmm Jun 12, 2013

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

Here is more information about using Google Translate offline:

http://allmyapps.com/apps/google-translate-translation-services

_______
...When Google Translate generates a translation, it looks for patterns in hundreds of millions of documents to help decide on the best translation for you. By detecting patterns in documents that have already been translated by human translators, Google Translate can make intelligent guesses as to what an appropriate translation should be.
_______

I wonder how could be realized a offline version ?????

If you need help, you can buy Systran

Regards

[Edited at 2013-06-12 21:16 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-06-12 21:17 GMT]

Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:31
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Systran? Jun 12, 2013

Fernando Toledo wrote:

Fernando, is there any way to connect one of the Systran desktop products to Trados?

This would be really interesting.

Oleg Vigodsky
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:31
English to Russian
MT (Systran...) + SDL Trados Dec 28, 2013

Siegfried Armbruster wrote:

Fernando Toledo wrote:

Fernando, is there any way to connect one of the Systran desktop products to Trados?

This would be really interesting.

Hi, Siegfried. Do you still need to integrate (or simply use together) Systran desktop products to SDL Trados?

Oleg

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search