Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:00
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jun 13, 2013

Hello everyone

A Trados 2011 client of mine wants me to deliver two log files in addition to the SDLXLIFF files. Here is what the client writes:

Deliverables: All SDLXLIFF files with all content finalized, statuses set, no language errors, all tags present, plus two Excel logs in English, namely 1. clean or false positive verify files and 2. translation count with everything in "signed off" category.

I have no idea how to generate these two reports. Can anyone please tell me step by step instructions how to generate this?

I know how to set the status of segments to "Translated" (I assume that that is the same as "finalized"), and I doun't meik langwhich errirs but I don't know how to verify that all tags are present, or to do the other stuff that will eventually generate those reports.

Also, the task has 10 files in it -- can this be done for all ten files at the same time, or must it be done one file by one file?

Thanks
Samuel

Direct link Reply with quote

ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:00
English to Italian
Some info Jun 13, 2013

Hello Samuel,
I am from SDL - albeit in Marketing.
I am sure you will get more comprehensive responses - but some thoughts.

In order to produce easily reports on all files together you shoud probably create a project.

Once in Studio, on the main Home page, select New Project, and follow the wizard. You can select the languages, select all your files and the project will be prepared.

Once the project wizard has run, you can go back to the home screen and on the left hand side in Studio you should click on Project tab/screen.

You should find the projec you just created. If you double click on it to make sure it is selected, you can then click on the 'report tab' and you will find some of the reports which would have been created.

Studio does has additional stages. Translated is one, but you can also select Signed Off. I guess once you completed the translation you can go back to the File view, and if you right click on the file name you have the option of 'Open for SIgn Off'.

Once you have signed off all the segments, you can then go back to the project view, right click on the project name and Batch Taks - do a translation count and it will create a new report with all the segment statuses.

I am not sure about the Clean or false positive....

Hope this helps somehow.

Regards
Massi

SDL_Elliott
United Kingdom
Generating Reports Jun 13, 2013

Hi Samuel,

I've just seen your post and wanted to help.

To generate a report, select your project in the projects view, or go to project > batch tasks and select the report you need.
The reports will be listed in the navigation pane in the reports view with the most recent one on top. Then select the report you want to view.

The reports are contained in the project, but you can export a report as a separate file, in HTML and XML. Select the report and go to report > save as. You can save several reports at once by language or by type.

To do a word count with no fuzzy matches select project in the projects view. Then go to project > batch tasks > word count and click next until the report is produced.

Hope this helps.
Elliott

Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, and... Jun 13, 2013

ghislandi wrote:
I am not sure about the Clean or false positive...

Presumably there will be a test in which Trados searches for e.g. tag errors, and then the translator can check them one by one (hopefully filter them, too), and after that, errors that the translator is happy with are marked as "false positive", but I have no idea how that would work.

Samuel

ghislandi  Identity Verified
English to Italian
Verification Jun 13, 2013

Hi,
to run a verification you can click with the file / files open on Project settings (left hand corner above the TM results window)
See pic - http://twitpic.com/cwymwy
In the project setting windows you will find Verification and QA Checker 3.0
http://twitpic.com/cwyn7v
You will be able to customize settings there and then you can run a verification. You can click on F8 and Studio will run a verification and the error message lit will appear.

Also - If you need to mass update segment sttus - you can select multiple segment by clicking on the left hand side of the editor screen where the segment number is.
Keep SHIFT pressed and get to the last segment.

Right click on the source and you will find in the menu Change Segment Status and select the new status.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Massi

Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 13, 2013

SDL_Elliott wrote:
To generate a report, select your project in the projects view, or go to project > batch tasks and select the report you need.

Thanks, I've created Analyze and Verify reports -- I hope this is what the client wanted.

I haven't been able to find the "Open for sign off" option that Massi mentioned, though.

Samuel

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Open for sign-off Jun 13, 2013

Samuel Murray wrote:

I haven't been able to find the "Open for sign off" option that Massi mentioned, though.

Right-click on a file in the files view and select the mode you want:

[Edited at 2013-06-13 13:58 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to generate reports

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search