Trados 2011 - File Path/Name Too Long
Thread poster: Leah Hunt

Leah Hunt
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:16
German to English
Jun 13, 2013

Hi all

I'm new to Trados (using 2011 Freelance) and I've been sent a .wsxz document to translate. I did one yesterday for the same client problem-free, but I can't open this package at all as it states that the file name/path are too long.

I've tried the solutions I've found further back in the forums and on the Knowledgebase of shortening the file name and moving it to the C:\ drive, but neither of these have worked.

I'm currently waiting on a response from the client, but I thought I'd try here in the meantime.

Any suggestions?

Thanksicon_smile.gif

Leah Hunt
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:16
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Update - Problem Solved Jun 13, 2013

Hi all

Looks like the problem is solved. I was running Windows XP, but after upgrading to Windows 7, it's working absolutely fine (touch wood).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 - File Path/Name Too Long

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search