This file type is not supported AFTER translation in studio 2011
Thread poster: Peter Hughes

Peter Hughes  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:59
German to English
Jun 15, 2013

Hi,

I just finished translating a file in Studio 2011. I saved it as usual and then tried to create the target version via batch task and I get an error:

"One or more files are not supported"

When I try to open the file in Trados I now get a similar error:

"This file type is not supported"

(the exact wording might differ as I have Trados set up in German)

Any idea what has happened? It was a plain text file, already converted to a sdlxliff file, so why is it now telling my that the file type is not supported?

Thanks for any advice!

Direct link Reply with quote

Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:59
English to Polish
+ ...
Happened already in 2009 Jun 15, 2013

BTDT. Sometimes Trados acts like that. Once upon a time I developed a habit of checking whether the file would actually save (export) and not just load. Didn't save my hide in all cases. It would be great if we could get a patch or something to resolve this particular issue. Few things are worse in a translator's work than inability to save a file minutes before the deadline in some kind of important rush job. Much, much more important than whatever tagging/formatting considerations triggering the inability to save.

[Edited at 2013-06-15 14:16 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

This file type is not supported AFTER translation in studio 2011

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search