Lucy Leite  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:46
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 16, 2013

Hello,

I´ve installed Studio 2011 on my Windows 7 without any problems, but now I can´t open any file or TM on it. On trying to open an ITD, I get the following message:

"Unexpected exception during file detection. Could not load file or assembly ´Sdl.Sdlx.ItdApi20,Version=2010.0.0.0,Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888´or one of its dependencies. Access denied".

I followed the instructions in this thread www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/235181-i_cant_open_any_project_files_in_studio_2011.html for a similar issue, but it hasn´t helped much.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks in advance,

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:46
English
Do you still have Studio 2009 installed... Jun 17, 2013

... and have you tried to use the project templates you created for 2009? If so then this may be the source of the problem as you cannot do this. You need to recreate your templates in 2011 and don't try to use the ones you had for 2009.

If this is not the issue then your best bet is to log a support case through the solution finder. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- The installation went fine, but now I get an error message when opening or using the program.
-- The error occurs in SDL Trados Studio 2011

Then complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can´t open any file on new Studio 2011

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search