'Problem when merging content of segment 10' when importing from client review in Studio 2011
Thread poster: Tech_Trans

Tech_Trans
United Kingdom
Jun 17, 2013

Hi,

Can anybody help me? I used the new feature in SDL Studio 2011 to export for external review. Now I have the amended file back, when I go to import it into the xliff to update my TM, I get the error message' error when merging content of segment 10'. This was an English-Arabic translation so I'm wondering if the tags have been altered with the change of language direction. The reviewed Word file is in Word 2010 so I don't think it's the problem some people were having with the early version of Word.

I have around 30,000 words to add to my TM and it's driving me crazy!

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
Claire

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:31
English
Have you tried... Jun 17, 2013

... exporting for external review again and then inspect the file you get with the one that was returned. Perhaps this will help you to see what has been changed... particularly around segment 10.

Regards

Paul

Tech_Trans
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
Re-exporting failed Jun 18, 2013

Hi Paul,

I tried this, and in fact the tags in segment 10 were different in the reviewed file so I fixed that, but now when I run the file though, it tells me the same error appears in segment 1. The text in segment 1 is in English (it wasn't for translation) in both source and target segments, with no tags at all.

Thanks,
Claire

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'Problem when merging content of segment 10' when importing from client review in Studio 2011

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search