Thread poster: claudiahb

claudiahb  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:12
French to English
+ ...
Jun 17, 2013

Hello,

I received a project package from a translation agency for SDL Trados 2011 and I was about half way through and had been saving systematically. My windows had to reboot for some updates and when I restarted Trados, the project was no longer in my project file list.

Thank goodness (and strangely), all the files are still there (bilingual files and TM). However, when I open the actual package file, nothing is there and I cannot incorporate the TM file into it.

I could open the bilingual file and the TM and continue working from there. However, last time I did that, I wasn't able to send the files as a return package and ended up having to copy and paste each individual segment, which is far from ideal. I would really like to avoid this if possible and would be extremely grateful if someone could tell me how to get all the files back into the one package.

Claudia

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 17:12
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Navigate to the project folder Jun 17, 2013

When you open a package you are promoted to choose where the project folder will be created.
Navigate to this folder and click the .sdlproj project to open Studio and re-add the project to the projects list (alternatively your can also open that project file from within Studio, whatever is more convenient).

If you don't know where this folder is, it is probably in one of Studio's default folders within the "My Documents" folder.

sarah harrison  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:12
German to English
+ ...
Thank you! Sep 30, 2015

Just found this tip! I've had the same problem several times. Thanks for the advice!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My project package has disappeared!

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search