Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:37
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jun 17, 2013

G'day everyone

How can I merge SDLXLIFF files without having untranslated segments ending up with the source text in the target field? I have Trados 2009 (but I have access to 2011 also, if this can only be accomplished on 2011).

I know that I can merge SDLXLIFF files if I select them all during the project creation process and select "merge", but even if I then press "Next" instead of "Finish" and get to the point where I can tweak the settings, and even if I select that segments with no TM matches should not be populated with the source text... lo and behold, when the SDLXLIFF file is created, the target fields contain the source text. I know that these fields are empty in the original files because I've checked it. Some segments are translated, and I want to keep them translated, but the empty segments I want *empty*.

How can I accomplish this?

Alternatively, is there a shortcut for emptying out all segments that are unconfirmed?

Thanks
Samuel

Direct link Reply with quote

ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:37
English to Italian
Info Jun 17, 2013

Hello Samuel,
Massi from SDL here...

When you create a project - under the Pretranslate normally there is the option to either fill in the target with source if no translation is found. I wonder if you de-activate that, your project will then prepared without filling the target with source.
See picture below ... this is the last screen of the project wizard.

http://twitpic.com/cxqman

Hope this helps.

Regards
Massi

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Merge SDLXLIFF files without pre-translation

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search