Preview keeps wanting to be stored as a file somewhere
Thread poster: Andrea Garfield-Barkworth

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:29
Member (2015)
German to English
Jun 17, 2013

I'm using Windows 8 and SDL Trados Studio 2011. I migrated from my Windows 7 laptop over to a desktop PC. The transition of files, TM, termbank etc has worked okay but I am now having a bit of a problem with the preview window.

When I've concluded the translation and am doing the re-through, I like to read from the preview window in real time so that I can make changes at the same time. But as soon as I make a change a pop-up window opens asking me where I want to store something or other, presumably the preview data. This used to be done automatically (I assume) as a temporary data file but now I have to give the file a name and place where to store it.

Perhaps there is a setting I've not altered somewhere so that this can be done automatically again.

Any suggestions?

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:29
Member (2015)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Anybody else Jul 22, 2013

having this issue at all.
It is really irritating as I cannot make alterations to the original text without having to store the preview file again for each segment altered. If I use the same file name to store it under I have to confirm I want to store over the old file.
Why is it not generating a .tmp file?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Preview keeps wanting to be stored as a file somewhere

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search