Trados 2011 - TM not returning any values, should return 100% match
Thread poster: Sian Cooper

Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:45
French to English
+ ...
Jun 17, 2013

Hi, I don't know if I'm being fundamentally stupid. When I set up a project, I use the SDL global TM and my own. I used to use a plugin too, but that no longer works with the latest update.

I just finished working on one document for a client, and had created a new TM for it. I have now created a new project for the same client, new document, same TM. The project seems to be correctly set up. But in editor, the TM returns no translation values - I get AT translated values ok. Even if I turn the SDL lookup off, I get no match found - yet for the first segment I should get a 100% match, and can confirm that the TM definitely includes that sentence.

I'm so confused, I've checked all the settings I can think of. Please can you suggest where I'm going wrong?

thanks!

PS source doc. is a pdf, and the project prep failed on the second document with an error contacting the server during automated translation; but this one looks like it finished correctly


Direct link Reply with quote
 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:45
English
Project Settings vs Tools Options Jun 17, 2013

Hi Sian,

How do you know the TM that definitely contains the source is linked to your Project? It sounds to me as though you might be looking at the source by viewing the TM you know it's in through the maintenance view , but then actually looking up a different TM somewhere else.

Perhaps you can double check this by clicking on Project Settings when the file is open in the editor and then making absolutely sure you have the same TM attached... so remove the one that's there and then copy the path of the one you are certain contains the source into the Project Settings.

Apologies if this is too basic for your problem but if it's in there then I can think of no reason for it not appearing in the TM results window as you work.

Regards

Paul


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:45
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think so... as far as I can tell Jun 17, 2013

Hi Paul. No worries starting basic, support has to be step by step, you don't have the info.

For the first project I created a whole new TM, let's call it "Project A TM". It is a very explicit name. It is a new variant of the source language, which is why I didn't use my base TM with a project TM.

To return to Project A. When I review the contents of that TM in TM view, it has been successfully updated with the segments translated in Project A. I can search on a given word, and find the expected saved segment.

I then created a new project, Project B. Checking the Project Settings: it has the same variant source language as Project A. It has SDL ATS and Project A TMs set (in All Language Pairs; I have also confirmed that specific source language takes it settings form there).

Just to simplify matters, I have removed SDL ATS. So Project B is now set to use Project A TM, Enabled, Lookup, Concordance and Update.

However, that TM was not added in Tools/Options. I've just added it, and had to select the new language pair variant. Still, going back to the project, no progress. Do I need to delete the project and recreate it? I there something about adding TMs I am missing? When does a project look here, when does it look in its own settings?

Although I will mention that I had exactly the same problem just last week, with a project TM (so, it showed as a subset of the my TM). Again, I was getting no lookups. Since it was the first time I'd worked with a project TM, I thought I was just not understanding the concept., which sounds very likely.

Thanks, Paul

N


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:45
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ah... not 100%! Jun 18, 2013

So... it was late.

I changed my match values, and actually it is only an 83% match.

Sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Still would like to understand about why my project TM failed to play but I shall wait until I'm working with one again to get into the exact circs.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:45
English
Thanks for the update... Jun 18, 2013

... it's always interesting to see the difficulties in providing support remotely in a forum. Glad that one turned out to be simple!

Let me know if you find out where the Project TM issue is coming from.

Regards

Paul


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 - TM not returning any values, should return 100% match

Advanced search







Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search