Trados 2011: Failed to save target content: unable to locate original file
Thread poster: Bryan Cahoon
Bryan Cahoon  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:07
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jun 19, 2013

This is my first time working with Trados, so I'm at a loss. I was sent an XLIFF file and a TTX file - the customer said I could use either one, so I worked with the XLIFF document. Do I need something else in order to save the target file? I've already pressed F8, and the file comes up as having no errors. Is there something else I should do?

Direct link Reply with quote

Canada
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Answer not needed immediately, but still wanted. Jun 19, 2013

I have been in contact with the client, and she will accept the bilingual file, but in case I run into this problem again, it would be good to know what I need to do/have different. Thanks for any responses.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:07
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Source file Jun 19, 2013

Bryan Cahoon wrote:

I was sent an XLIFF file and a TTX file

Were you sent a source file?

Canada
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just the two files I already mentioned Jun 19, 2013

No, I wasn't, just the 2 files that I mentioned - I was wondering if this was what the problem was, and I'm assuming by your question, that it was - if so, thanks for the response!

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:07
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Solved! Jun 19, 2013

No source file = no target file.

By the way, the client should send you the source file, not just so that you can produce a target file, but also because it's very important to see the context of what your translating.

Orrin Cummins  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 00:07
Japanese to English
+ ...
Agree Jun 19, 2013

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

No source file = no target file.

By the way, the client should send you the source file, not just so that you can produce a target file, but also because it's very important to see the context of what your translating.

Especially so when you have style guides that have differing rules for different types of section headings, chart titles etc. Hard (more or less impossible) to tell what's what simply from the .sdlxliff.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011: Failed to save target content: unable to locate original file

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search