"Text field content" in Trados Studio 2011?
Thread poster: Language Dept
Language Dept
Language Dept
Germany
Jun 19, 2013

Dear all,

We are upgrading from Trados 2007 to SDL Trados Studio 2011, and I have one issue regarding the update of the Master TM. In the past with Trados 2007, we used to insert in Trados the text code before cleaning so that every bilingual text updated corresponds to one code only. To do this we inserted the text code under:

Tools > Clean-up > Options > Project and Filter Settings > Text field content

In this way we could always retrieve the text by doin
... See more
Dear all,

We are upgrading from Trados 2007 to SDL Trados Studio 2011, and I have one issue regarding the update of the Master TM. In the past with Trados 2007, we used to insert in Trados the text code before cleaning so that every bilingual text updated corresponds to one code only. To do this we inserted the text code under:

Tools > Clean-up > Options > Project and Filter Settings > Text field content

In this way we could always retrieve the text by doing a simple Concordance search. The code would tell us where to find the original + translations. This is particularly interesting because we have partners that do not use Trados, and we could always send them the previous translations on one topic as a reference.

However, is there a similar feature (or even the same) in Trados Studio 2011? When updating a TM, how can I tell Trados 2011 where the text is located (for future reference). Is there a way to insert a "Text field content".

I really appreciate any help that you can offer.

Have a great rest of the week!

Best wishes,

Language Dept.
Collapse

Roy OConnor (X)
Roy OConnor (X)
Local time: 17:53
German to English
Yes there is a similar feature Jun 19, 2013

In Studio 2011 you can manage and edit your translation memories including the text field entries. The Translation Memory Editor allows you to filter and edit the source, target texts and the custom fields used to identify and describe the entries. A Batch Edit facility is also built in to enable you to make changes on multiple entries. Batch Edit is located under Files in Studio 2011.

I would tread carefully though and try one or two dummy conversions from 2007 to 2011 before riski
... See more
In Studio 2011 you can manage and edit your translation memories including the text field entries. The Translation Memory Editor allows you to filter and edit the source, target texts and the custom fields used to identify and describe the entries. A Batch Edit facility is also built in to enable you to make changes on multiple entries. Batch Edit is located under Files in Studio 2011.

I would tread carefully though and try one or two dummy conversions from 2007 to 2011 before risking your Master TM and make sure you make a backup.

Roy
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:53
English
Video Jun 19, 2013

Dear Language Dept,

This 44 Minute free video might be helpful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rh4koEvxO0

(Based on your Location I hope you speak German as the video is German)

Cheers,
Luis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Text field content" in Trados Studio 2011?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »