I'm looking for the SDL Lite program.
Thread poster: kojiroo

kojiroo
Local time: 10:11
Jun 21, 2013

Hello, My name is kojiroo, and I'm EN-> Jpn free translator.

I have the job which I must use SDL Lite, but I dont' have it now. My client said that Web download of SDL Lite will be available, but I couldn't look for the download site.

So if anyone know the download site of this tool, could you please let me know the URL?

Thank you for advance!

Kojiroo

Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 20:11
Member (2005)
English to Swedish
+ ...
not available any more Jun 22, 2013

I may be wrong but I think it is not available online any more.

Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:11
English to German
+ ...
I received one from a client Jun 22, 2013

Several years ago. When I tried to update it, I noticed that all you can get these days is a 30-day trial. The old Lite/Editor's version still works fine and can open any file that was created with a newer version.

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:11
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
I'm looking for the SDL Lite program. Jun 24, 2013

Hi Kojiroo.

The software you are referring to is SDLX Lite that was used for translating SDLX Elite projects- either are avaialble any longer as these are now unsupported legacy software's.
You may wish to contact your client who is specifying this product who may still have a surplus license available for you to use.

Kind regards

Steve

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 04:11
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
SDLX no more supported? Jun 24, 2013

Hi Steve,

Can you please clarify, is it only SDLX Elite and Lite no more supported? What about SDLX Professional, is it still supported by SDL?

Weird, I don't have any clients using Studio but 3 large clients are still using and asking for SDLX.

Selcuk

heinzness
United States
sdl lite download Jun 26, 2013

You can download the free installation file of SDL lite at the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f4y68kgk8g1ozw0/gpnixLRE8Y

Mayflower India
India
Local time: 06:41
English
+ ...
Which version of SDLX do we need to convert the file. Sep 16, 2013

Dear Heinz,
Thanks for sharing the SDLX Lite 2007 version. If I convert a word file into an .itd using SDLX Professional 2007, I am unable to open it in the Lite Version. It is giving an error of compatibility.
Can you please tell me which professional/elite version I will need to convert the file and then open it is SDLX Lite 2007.

Thanks and regards
Madhu
Manager- Mayflower Language Services.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:11
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Three terms Sep 16, 2013

kojiroo wrote:
I have the job which I must use SDL Lite, but I don't have it now. My client said that web download of SDL Lite is be available...

As far as I can remember, a program called "SDL Edit Lite" was free for downloading, but you could not open all ITD files with it. I used to have it but I don't have it on a nearby hard drive, sorry.

Here is an old thread that mentions three terms -- SDL Edit, SDL Elite, and SDL Lite:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/67980-sdl_edit_vs_sdl_lite.html

Mayflower India
India
Local time: 06:41
English
+ ...
Thanks Samuel Sep 18, 2013

Thanks Samuel. The link was really useful

Therese Palmkvist
Sweden
English to Swedish
Looking for download Aug 6, 2014

heinzness wrote:

You can download the free installation file of SDL lite at the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f4y68kgk8g1ozw0/gpnixLRE8Y

I'm looking for SDLX Lite, this link doesn't work anymore. Does anyone have it and could send it to me or upload it somewhere? I would be very grateful and guess I'm not the only one.

Therese Palmkvist
Sweden
English to Swedish
Download here Aug 7, 2014

Someone helpful gave me this link, enjoy: http://downloadcentre.sdl.com/SDLX/ (Lite version in the Lite folder)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I'm looking for the SDL Lite program.

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search