Navigating to a segment via the concordance window
Thread poster: Orrin Cummins

Orrin Cummins  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 23:27
Japanese to English
+ ...
Jun 23, 2013

This might be a stupid question, but is there an way to scroll the bilingual file in Editor view to show a segment found in the concordance window? If I do a concordance search and get a list of results, the only way I've found to then locate a segment from that result list in the bilingual file below is to display tags by ID number (since they appear in the concordance as well and are sequential), but it seems like there must be a better way.

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:27
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
filter Jun 23, 2013

I use the display filter and filter by the word in the source or target text.

And I tend to use concordance more to find how I've translated a word in other texts, and therefore the results won't be in my current file.

HTH,
Emma

Orrin Cummins  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 23:27
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Of course Jun 23, 2013

Ah, display filter, I forgot about this feature. Much better than concordance window, thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Navigating to a segment via the concordance window

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search