Studio 2011: cursor not in segment to translate
Thread poster: dreamwiz
dreamwiz
English to Korean
Jun 26, 2013

Hi all,

In Studio 2011, when I type Ctrl+Enter to confirm my translation and move to the next
unconfirmed segment, the next unconfirmed segment is enabled but my cursor is
not in it. Which means I need to click in the segment to translate or validate
it. Which is rather annoying

Did anyone have the same experience and know why/how to change it?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxSDL_Diana
Romania
Local time: 15:38
refresh your settings Jun 26, 2013

Hi Joe,

Concerning your reported error, there might a problem with the Studio settings, if this happens with all the files. ( If it is an isolated file problem – it might indicate a file issue )
Therefore, resetting settings might fix the problem.

What I can advise to do is to follow the next steps to refresh your settings for Studio:

Please delete these 3 files :
- BaseSettings.xml
- plugincache.xml
- UserSettings.xml

You can find them following this path, depending on your operating system :
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[VERSIONNUMBER]
- Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[VERSIONNUMBER]

Please also keep in mind that some folders may be hidden. For this reason you may need to review your folder settings via: Start - Control Panel - Folder Options - View - and select "Show hidden files, folders or drives".

I hope this helps,
Diana

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: cursor not in segment to translate

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search