Thread poster: Parrot

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:25
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 26, 2013

I've been working with Studio 2011 for over a year now and this is the first time I come across this problem.

The client, a large international org, sends out complicated forms in Word to be filled up (the reason why memories are used at all, since it makes no sense to pay for your own forms). The forms themselves are in its memory, and formatting is quite complex. I translate the answers.

After doing a 2MB file in Studio 2011, neither "Finalize" nor "Save target as" returns a Word file that can be opened.

Reading through possible related topics, I repaired the source file (in case it contained errors), but I still can't get a file that can be opened -- at any rate, trying to preview a partial re-hash, I got the same error (Exception from HRESULT: 0X8001O001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED).

I have to deliver soon, so I need help quite urgently. Thanks for any!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Almost impossible to help without seeing the file... Jun 27, 2013

Hi,

Can you share the file, preferably the original source file and the fully translated sdlxliff?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I just did Jun 27, 2013

Thanks for answering, Paul!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 produces corrupt file?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search