Local time: 08:02
Danish to English
+ ...
Jun 27, 2013

Running Windows 8
Using SDL Trados Studio Freelance+ 2011
Using MS Word 2013

Having installed SDL MT2011 a new tab appears in Word: SDL MultiTerm 2011

This installation replaces the standard template: normal.dotm with a file called: MultiTerm9.dotm

However, this has created a problem for me.
Whenever opening a new or existing file I receive the following message: The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your Macro security settings.

Having OK'ed this warning 3 times I get to a new, blank file or an existing file with its contents

I would very much appreciate any help given by members of this forum

Kind regards
Torben

sdl_andy
Local time: 07:02
kb4661 Jun 27, 2013

Hi

This is covered on the SDL Knowledgebase.

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4661&source=Article&c=12&cid=23

Regards

Andy.

trugge  Identity Verified
Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re KB 4661, Jun 27, 2013

Hi Andy,
Thanks for your prompt reply

Unfortunately this reference did not help me.
1) There is no link to where to find a Word Startup folder in Windows 8
2) If I rename MultiTerm9.dotm where I can find it in Program Files(x86) the only place it exists, this doesn't remove the error messages when opening a Word file

Kind regards
Torben

Tony Pierce
French to English
+ ...
Windows and Trados never shall meet Jun 27, 2013

Having just bought a 64 bit setup which came complete with Windows 8 (incongruous to say the least). I have just spent a busy week trying to get it all together. I finally got Studio 2011 up and running but not Wordbench. It's the chicken and the egg syndrome. Translation zone tells me to download Workbench SP2 and it's all I need: it sets up Trados ll on its own. Wrong. The install file tells me it's an upgrade and looks for the original Trados Wordbench (which I don't have) and since it can't find it, it simply aborts.
This brings me to the unpleasant topic of MT.
I experienced the same problem with the Word macro settings which finally made it impossible for me to even open Word. I had to go finally to the Control Panel and uninstall MT 2009. I am debating whether it's really worth all the stress to try an get it working. It's true that it's a great asset if it works but the struggle to get it functioning together is on too steep a learning curve for regular mortals. On the web I also saw that Windows and Trados have no intention of trying to smooth things out so I guess we're just going to have to wait.
Any tips about installing MT would be welcome. The install programme tells me that MT cannot connect to my server (logical since I don't have one) and that I should check out my connections. Duh. So it aborts. Duh.

Lucy Poppela (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
German to Dutch
+ ...
Solution for the error message Jun 27, 2013

I don't know if there really is a good solution for this problem. I had the same problem while using Windows 7 with Word 2010. My solution was to remove MultiTerm9.dotm and to make sure that my computer wouldn't start the program MultiTerm automatically when I start my computer... It isn't an ideal solution, but it solved the error message about macro's.

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Word version Jun 27, 2013

Hi,

First of all, if you're running a 64-bit version of MS-Office, there's no point in trying to run the macro as it's 32-bit.

If you want get rid of the macro in the Startup folder under Win 7/8, the path is the same as under Vista but you may have to open the Control Panel and enable "Show hidden files and folders" as mentioned at the very end of the KB to get rid of it.

HTH,

Bernard

Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Further to MultiTerm Jun 27, 2013

Hi Bernard,
I understood your message about 64 bit and 32 bit, Thanks.
As I didn't take on Windows Vista, I still don't know how to find the file elsewhere than in Program Files (x86)..... etc
I have since long had "show hidden files" enabled.
But a search of my C-drive only shows one instance of the file

Kind regards
Torben

Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem circumvented Jun 28, 2013

Hi all contributors,

I have now managed to avoid seeing the error messages upon every start of Word.

If you look at SDL's KB4661 (mentioned previously in this thread it reads:
-------------
To delete the MultiTerm9.dotm template to prevent loading it on each startup of Microsoft Word please follow these steps:

Close Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and all SDL applications.
Go to...
Windows XP C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP
Windows Vista/7 C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP
Delete the MultiTerm9.dotm
When restarting Microsoft Word the error will not appear anymore.
NOTE: If you not see the path to the Word\STARTUP folder it is an indication that you cannot see hidden files and folders. Please refer to following KB article for enable the view of hidden files and folders:
-----------------

Just remember that in Windows 8 there are two folders: Application Data and AppData
Use the AppData folder

Thanks for all your help
and kind regards
Torben

Morgane Le Cleuyou
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:02
Member (2010)
English to French
Sep 26, 2013

sorry wrong manipulation and I can't delete my post nowicon_frown.gif

please ignore, unless a solution has been found and someone from SDL would be kind enough to share the good newsicon_smile.gif

[Modifié le 2013-09-26 19:37 GMT]

[Modifié le 2013-09-26 20:07 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL MultiTerm 2011 creates problem in Word 2013

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search