Thread poster: paulonet2

paulonet2  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:02
Member (2013)
German to Italian
+ ...
Jun 28, 2013

Hi everybody,
I am a new user of TRADOS Studio 2011 and I'm wondering if it's possibile to create a termbase on multiterm from the autosuggest dictionary I had previously created. Ifind useful seeing the candidate translation terms before starting typing.

...or is it necessary to buy multiterm extract?

Many thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

sdl_andy
Local time: 11:02
Difficult but possible Jun 28, 2013

Hi

To see the content of an autosuggest dictionary there are tools available for free online that will help you extract the data from the SQL tables. However, the relationships within the database will not be one to one so you may have some cleaning up to do.

Once you have that, you create your termbase. You might like to look at the Glossary Convertor on the SDL OpenExchange to help you do this quickly.

Andy.

[Edited at 2013-06-28 11:47 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

term base from autosuggest dictionary

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search