footnote error message "subsegment not found"???
Thread poster: cyberyoo
cyberyoo
cyberyoo
English to Korean
+ ...
Sep 29, 2004

I am working on a project with some footnotes in Word and Trados. The first footnote worked just fine (number was kept, translated fine in the Word footnote window, etc.) but from the second footnote I'm getting "subsegment not found" error message from the Trados Workbench.
Any idea, anyone please?

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:42
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Press Alt + 1, rather than Alt + (n) May 18, 2006

I know this is an old topic, but I was struggling with the same problem and found the solution by chance, so I thought I'd post it here in case someone else needs to know what to do.

Problem: When trying to work on a footnote that has a number other than 1, pressing Alt + the footnote number (e.g. Alt + 2) as indicated in the Trados manual, Workbench returns a "Subsegment not found" error.

Solution: Even if the footnote number is NOT 1, pressing Alt+1 will open the su
... See more
I know this is an old topic, but I was struggling with the same problem and found the solution by chance, so I thought I'd post it here in case someone else needs to know what to do.

Problem: When trying to work on a footnote that has a number other than 1, pressing Alt + the footnote number (e.g. Alt + 2) as indicated in the Trados manual, Workbench returns a "Subsegment not found" error.

Solution: Even if the footnote number is NOT 1, pressing Alt+1 will open the subsegment (footnote) for translation, while keeping the original footnote number.

I hope this helps!

Nora

[Edited at 2006-05-18 13:41]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

footnote error message "subsegment not found"???

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »