How to import a .docx file to studio 2011 editor for reviewing - help needed
Thread poster: Huong Nguyen

Huong Nguyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:45
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Jul 1, 2013

First off, I am new to Trados. At the beginning, everything was fine, but the last few days everything went haywire!
I could not figure out how to import a translation file in docx format to Studio 2011 Editor for reviewing, in such a a way as to keep both the source file and the translation file in their respective panes, side-by-side.
Urgent help is needed and very much appreciated!
Hannah

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:45
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Is it an Export file? Jul 1, 2013

How did you get the file? Is it a file that was exported for external review? In that case you use the function for importing the file from external review.
Otherwise there is no way you could view a bilingual file in Studio, I'm afraid.

Clarification of issue Jul 2, 2013

Hi Huong,

Are you able to post further information about this issue? I can't quite understand your exact issue, so the more you can post the more accurate I can be in response.

Thanks

David

svidyaj
India
Local time: 18:15
Japanese to English
+ ...
Using SDL for review Jul 2, 2013

Hi Dear,

There has been a discussion about this earlier. Check this link if it helps.

http://www.proz.com/forum/translation_project_vendor_management/246181-proofreading_with_word_and_sdl_studio_2011.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to import a .docx file to studio 2011 editor for reviewing - help needed

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search