How to import a .docx file to studio 2011 editor for reviewing - help needed
Thread poster: Huong Nguyen

Huong Nguyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:27
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Jul 1, 2013

First off, I am new to Trados. At the beginning, everything was fine, but the last few days everything went haywire!
I could not figure out how to import a translation file in docx format to Studio 2011 Editor for reviewing, in such a a way as to keep both the source file and the translation file in their respective panes, side-by-side.
Urgent help is needed and very much appreciated!

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:27
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Is it an Export file? Jul 1, 2013

How did you get the file? Is it a file that was exported for external review? In that case you use the function for importing the file from external review.
Otherwise there is no way you could view a bilingual file in Studio, I'm afraid.

Clarification of issue Jul 2, 2013

Hi Huong,

Are you able to post further information about this issue? I can't quite understand your exact issue, so the more you can post the more accurate I can be in response.

Local time: 13:57
Japanese to English
+ ...
Using SDL for review Jul 2, 2013

Hi Dear,

There has been a discussion about this earlier. Check this link if it helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to import a .docx file to studio 2011 editor for reviewing - help needed

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search