Microsoft Visual Basic execution error 4198
Thread poster: Marianne PUREN

Marianne PUREN  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:10
German to French
+ ...
Jul 1, 2013

Hello,

I use SDL Trados 2007 and Word 2010 on Windows 8. When translating in Word, I get the following error message : Microsoft Visual Basic execution error 4198.I close the window and most of the times, I can keep on working but the error message comes back in the following segment(s) It happens I cannot clean up the file.
Does somebody have an idea how to fix the problem?
NB: I still use Trados 2007 because with the newer versions of Trados, it's not possible to create Word uncleaned files.

Thank you for your help!
Marianne

Trados 2007 Jul 2, 2013

Hi Marianne,

I can't help with the Visual Basic errror at this time, sorry, but I just wanted to clarify the point you make about creating word unclean files with Studio 2011.

If you recieve Trados 2007 projects, you can open them in Studio 2011, work on them in the SDLXLIFF format and then convert them to Word unclean files via the SDL Legacy converter application. You can find a nice summary on this application and its use here http://multifarious.filkin.com/2013/07/01/legacy_converter/

you can find the app on the SDL OpenExchange: www.sdl.com/openexchange

Hope that helps.

Regards

David

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft Visual Basic execution error 4198

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search