Microsoft Visual Basic execution error 4198
Thread poster: Marianne PUREN

Marianne PUREN  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:23
German to French
+ ...
Jul 1, 2013

I use SDL Trados 2007 and Word 2010 on Windows 8. When translating in Word, I get the following error message : Microsoft Visual Basic execution error 4198.I close the window and most of the times, I can keep on working but the error message comes back in the following segment(s) It happens I cannot clean up the file.
Does somebody have an idea how to fix the problem?
NB: I still use Trados 2007 because with the newer versions of Trados, it's not possible to create Word uncleaned files.

Thank you for your help!

Direct link Reply with quote
Trados 2007 Jul 2, 2013

Hi Marianne,

I can't help with the Visual Basic errror at this time, sorry, but I just wanted to clarify the point you make about creating word unclean files with Studio 2011.

If you recieve Trados 2007 projects, you can open them in Studio 2011, work on them in the SDLXLIFF format and then convert them to Word unclean files via the SDL Legacy converter application. You can find a nice summary on this application and its use here

you can find the app on the SDL OpenExchange:

Hope that helps.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft Visual Basic execution error 4198

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search