Thread poster: Torill Cabaret

Torill Cabaret  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:12
French to Norwegian
+ ...
Jul 2, 2013

Hi,

I work in Studio 2011 and I have a problem when I want to create new language pairs.
I have already created EN-NO and FR-NO but today I want to create SW-NO and in my dropdown list of source languages I do not have Swedish. Actually I can only choose between different English and French languages.
Are there any settings that I have to change? In that case where? Why is my dropdown list restricted to a couple of languages?
Thank you for your help.

Kind regards
Torill

Languagaes Jul 2, 2013

Hi,

You have a copy of Studio 2011 Freelance, which is limited to 5 different languages - which you choose upon installation. Looking at your list below, EN, NO and FR are 3 of your 5 languages, so you must have chosen 2 others, neither of which is Swedish.

If you need to change your chosen languages then I believe you will have to reinstall the software.

REgards

David

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:12
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Create new language pairs Jul 2, 2013

Hi Torill,

After checking I can confirm that yo use Studio 2011 Freelance- With this version it is important to install all languages that you will need (upto 5) during the installtion process.
If this was not the case, you need to deactivate and deinstall the software, then reinstall/activate adding when asked to do so up to 5 langauges.
Any created and maintained files/TM's will be untouched bt this action and can of course be used after the new installtion.
Hope this helps.

Steve

Torill Cabaret  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:12
French to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 2, 2013

Thank you both.
I have now deactivated and reinstalled Studio with all my languages and everything is fineicon_smile.gif

Kind regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Create new language pairs

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search