Merging split segments
Thread poster: Studio Moderna

Studio Moderna
Local time: 12:12
Jul 4, 2013

I have encountered a problem while trying to re-translate the same xml document (dont ask me why it is complicated). Even though the text is absolutely the same, trados split the sentences (probably because of the tags in them), so that the memory wont match them. I tried to merge the segmetns together again but it doesnt work, so now I was manualy copying the parts of the sentences from the memory and it just takes tooo long...Anyone has an advice on a better way how to do that?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jo Rourke  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:12
Spanish to English
+ ...
Are you using WinAlign to do this? Jul 4, 2013

Perhaps you are already, but this was very useful to me when I was working with a text that had been translated previously as a draft - I was able to salvage the usable text from it.

Paula Dieli  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:12
French to English
+ ...
Try removing tags in MS Word Jul 5, 2013

Hi Tereza,
You might also try editing the source text in MS Word, and displaying the hidden text so as to remove the offending tags.

Just a thought...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Merging split segments

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search