Merging split segments
Thread poster: Studio Moderna

Studio Moderna
Slovenia
Local time: 21:02
Jul 4, 2013

Hello,

I have encountered a problem while trying to re-translate the same xml document (dont ask me why it is complicated). Even though the text is absolutely the same, trados split the sentences (probably because of the tags in them), so that the memory wont match them. I tried to merge the segmetns together again but it doesnt work, so now I was manualy copying the parts of the sentences from the memory and it just takes tooo long...Anyone has an advice on a better way how to do that?

Thanks
Tereza

Jo Rourke (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:02
Spanish to English
+ ...
Are you using WinAlign to do this? Jul 4, 2013

Perhaps you are already, but this was very useful to me when I was working with a text that had been translated previously as a draft - I was able to salvage the usable text from it.

Paula Dieli  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:02
French to English
+ ...
Try removing tags in MS Word Jul 5, 2013

Hi Tereza,
You might also try editing the source text in MS Word, and displaying the hidden text so as to remove the offending tags.

Just a thought...

Paula

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Merging split segments

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search