Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:54
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Jul 5, 2013

Hi,

I am working with a large TM on a large repetitive text (20,000 words) in Studio 2011 and am finding older TUs with a lower match being inserted.

For example an old 70% match is being inserted while a more recent 95% match is shown in the translation results window.

I can solve this with "update main translation memories" but it takes a while because it is a large TM, and I obviously cannot be doing this everytime I enter a new TU.

Any suggestions?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Very odd behaviour Jul 5, 2013

Hi Mark,

I would say there is something wrong with how you are working here. A higher match always appears at the top and is always inserted into the translation before a lower match. This is fundamental.

Is the file pretranslated with the 70% already there or is it being inserted in front of your eyes while a 95% match is in the TM results window?

Thanks

Paul

Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You may well be right Paul Jul 5, 2013

Thanks for your reply.

I do not have a lot of experience working with such large files and large TMs and it is possible I enabled a pretranslation option without realizing it.

In any case, I have finished it now and I must say that while correcting a long text of mostly 75% or 90% matches is undoubtedly very useful for the client (and reasonably well-paid) it is not much fun for the translator!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New Translation units not being selected

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search