Trados Studio 2011 automatically removes tags
Thread poster: Maris Abeltins

Maris Abeltins  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 08:56
English to Latvian
+ ...
Jul 8, 2013

In one of my projects, Studio 2011 automatically removes some of the tags when moving forward to the next segment. Has anyone encountered this situation before?

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:56
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
No problem Jul 8, 2013

Yes, they are tag pairs that are not needed if there is nothing between them. This behaviour won't affect the final result and you'll be able to save the target file fine.

I agree it's a bit disconcerting when you read elsewhere that source and target tags must match. But there are tags and tags...

Maris Abeltins  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 08:56
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 9, 2013

Thanks for your reply Emma!

Mark
Italian to English
It still seems to do it in 2014 Aug 12, 2015

The really strange part is that it removes the tags and *then* warns me about the “error”!

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Error, warning or note Aug 12, 2015

Mark Dobson wrote:

The really strange part is that it removes the tags and *then* warns me about the “error”!

Not so strange, because this is a setting you can customise as an error, warning or note.
However, you're right, it would be nice to have a sub-setting to give you warnings only about missing tags that are essential.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 automatically removes tags

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search