How to get English to Tamil Translation Memory which is to be used in SDL Trados?
Thread poster: aanandiswari

aanandiswari
India
Local time: 01:42
English to Tamil
+ ...
Jul 9, 2013

When I open a English file for translation to Tamil in SDL Trados Studio 2011, Translation Memory file is required, which is not in-built in SDL Trados. How to add a "File based Translation Memory" or "Server based Translation Memory" or any other mode of Translation Memories ?

Please help me in this regard

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:12
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
You need to create a TM Jul 9, 2013

You can do it in a TM view, using File > New > Translation memory

Best Regards
Stanislaw

aanandiswari
India
Local time: 01:42
English to Tamil
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to add a server for "server based translation memory" (Supports English to Tamil) in SDL Trados Jul 10, 2013

when I try to add a server in SDL Trados for "server based translation memory" (supports Englilsh to Tamil) but it asks server address and password that I don't know

Can any one help me ?

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:12
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Has anyone made such server TM available to you? Jul 10, 2013

If yes, ask them for details, if no - AFAIK there are no generally available server TM.
It seems to me that you could greatly benefit from spending a few hours with a manualicon_smile.gif

Best Regards
Stanislaw

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get English to Tamil Translation Memory which is to be used in SDL Trados?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search